[Zope-xml] posting XML with zope

Alex Burton burton at artificiel.org
Sat Jul 26 13:51:20 EDT 2003

hello!
i'm looking for a way of doing an HTTP POST in zope with XML format. it is
to integrate an already existing system.

i've looked around but haven't found the right combination of keywords to
find something (lots of XML-RPClib things are in the way!)

i guess my questions is not as much XML as external http access but...

my POST should look something like this:

POST /rsffm.exe HTTP/1.0

<query>
        <username>xxx</username>
        <password>yyy</password>
    <data>
        <this>A</this>
        <that>B</that>
    </data>
</query>

how would i do this?

basically, the user fills a form, which is processed by zope, and based on
the result of the form, calls SQL methods and constructs an XML document
like the above, and finally posts it. what gets returned is not super
important, but the more info about the transaction i can get back into zope
the better of course...

can do with DTML or External methods or Products.

alex.