[Zope] Zope in intranet - the cool apps?

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Sat, 3 Aug 2002 23:05:49 -0700

> 4. Some way to access files in filesystem LocalFS or similar?

Take a look at ZFS. It maps objects, such as Images, Files, Mp3's, DTML
Documents etc on to the file system so that versioning systems or other
tools (such as samba) can be used. Its designed for just this purpose in my
mind. Now if I could just get someone to buy a system built from that... ;)

Ive found most calendaring systems on intranets get totally and utterly
ignored myself. Other intranets that give all these online chats / email
clients and all that stuff have never done a thing for me.

What I want in an intranet is Google. Take Zope, ZCatalog, Document Library,
Mailman, a searchable mail archive, easy group user management, Wiki's, ZFS
and Samba, roll it all into one easy to take pill and tadda its an Intranet
I would like.
--
  Andy McKay
  @gmweb Consulting