[Zope] Workflow question

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Aug 23 13:17:16 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote at 2005-8-22 15:12 -0300:
>>> 	# Using default put method from NullResource
>>> 	def _default_PUT_factory( self, name, typ, body ):
>>> 	def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
>>
>> Why do you override these methods as apparently, you do not use
>> them...
>
>I guess my thought it that I want everything to happen normally with
>the PUT except no object creation

One reason more, not to override methods.

Note, that the PUT usually used it that of the
"webdav.Resource.NullResource" and *NOT* the one of the container.
As you no longer create an auxiliary object (such as "NullResource")
but directly call a function "PUT" in your "__bobo_traverse__",
the change behaviour should got into this "PUT" function
and not the "PUT" method of the container.

--
Dieter