[Zope] Squid & ESI

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Wed Jan 25 09:56:06 EST 2006

On 1/25/06, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Has anyone actually implemented this? I see it thrown out as a
> suggestion quite often, but when I tried the how-to on longsleep.org
> yesterday I found that the latest Squid 3.0 pre-release won't even
> compile with ESI enabled :-(

Squid 3.0 is a bit of an orphan. Zope Corp at one point paid for ESI
support in Squid 3.0 for the Boston.com project, but it was never used
for Boston in the end and development on it stalled. With Squid 2.x
meeting current demands and little funding and incentive for
completing ESI development this has fallen by the wayside. I certianly
haven't touched Squid 3.0/ESI since the Boston.com days, and as far as
I know only one or two others in the Zope community have looked at it
since.

--
Martijn Pieters