Version Repository [Was Re: [Zope3-dev] Workflow Usecase]

Brent M Hendricks brentmh@ece.rice.edu
Thu, 09 May 2002 22:22:13 -0500

Shane Hathaway wrote:
> Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> Shane Hathaway wrote:
>>
>>> First, you set up a version repository.
>>

>> What's a version repository?
>

> It's a Zope object that acts like a CVS repository.  You can check in
> objects, check out, update to a specific revision, etc.

This sounds extremely useful.  Is it ocurring only as part of Zope3
development or is it for Zope2 as well?  I poked around a little bit on
cvs.zope.org but couldn't find it.

-- Brent

"The programmer, like the poet, works only slightly removed from pure
  thought-stuff.  He builds his castles in the air, from air, creating
  by exertion of the imagination.  Few media of creation are so
  flexible, so easy to polish and rework, so readily capable of
  realizing grand conceptual structures."
                         -- Frederick Brooks, Jr., The Mythical Man Month