[Zope3-dev] Nightly Zope 3 Binary Compiles for WIndows

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Sat Apr 24 19:12:30 EDT 2004

[Andy McKay]
> I wrote a Zope 3 installer a while ago and had windows builds working
> using MSVC quite happily. No-one used them so when it stopped running I
> didnt worry about it.
>
> Sounds like I should try and get it running again ;)

I don't know -- we have 3x as many people offering to help in this thread as
have been asking for help <wink>.

I uploaded a zip file with .pyds.  If someone unzips that, pointing at the
root of their Zope3 checkout, they should end up with exactly what they'd
get if they were *able* to do a "build_ext -i" of Zope3 using MSVC 6.

That seems to be what Max really wants, and it's easy to supply if so.  It's
also fast to upload and download (even for those on dialup lines).

Other people may want other things, but they'll have to speak up.  What I
hear more often (but rare all the same) is people who want to build on
Windows with non-MS compilers.  I can't offer any help there.