[Zope3-dev] Interface field type

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 00:21:49 EST 2004

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 17:12:51 -0700 (MST), Shane Hathaway
<shane at hathawaymix.org> wrote:
> So I'm thinking that in addition to the GlobalObject field type, there
> should also be a GlobalInterface field type.  Alternatively, uses of
> GlobalObject that expect an Interface should pass a value_type that checks
> for interfaces.  Which would be better?

Interfaces are relatively special, so I'd be happy to see a special
case for that.  In most other cases, constraints could probably be
better expressed by requiring the object to provide a specific
interface rather than checking it's type.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation