[Zope3-dev] Disabling default layer

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Oct 28 14:24:05 EDT 2004

Garrett Smith wrote:
> I'm confused by the recent changes to layer/skin support.
>
> I need to define a skin that does not include the default layer. My best
> guess at doing this is to define my skin's one layer as follows:
>
>   class IMyLayer(Interface):pass
>
> and my skin as:
>
>   class IMySkin(IMyLayer): pass
>
> I'm still able to access all of the default layer views, etc.
>
> Any suggestions?

If you *really* need this, then you've probably run into a missfeature.
Stephan, with some missgivings, decided to treat IBrowserRequest as
the default layer, which may be too inflexible for two reasons:

- It makes the default layer required

- It forces the default layer to be last

If we need more flexibility than this, then we need to add an
explicit default layer.