[Zope3-dev] psycopgDA

Ulrich Schreiner ulrich.schreiner at innuendo.de
Fri Sep 24 02:01:33 EDT 2004

hi,

if i remember right the parseDSN method wants a colon and a portnumber
if you use the form with a hostname.

i use

   dsn://user:password@servername:port/dbname

and the parseDSN wants a ":port" after the servername. i used to remove
the ":port"-portion if i use the defaultport. but then i get a very
strange error (unpack list of wrong size) and it is hard to recognize
that the DSN is wrong!

perhaps its my fault. when using this form of DSN i *must* provide a
portnumber.

</usc>