[Zope3-dev] AdapterLookup C optimizations 'timeit' benchmarks

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Sun Aug 14 10:44:59 EDT 2005

Ruslan Spivak wrote:
> Hello.
>
> For those who is interested, i created blog entry containing 'timeit'
> benchmarks results for Python and C versions of AdapterLookup:
> http://blogs.nuxeo.com/sections/blogs/ruslan_spivak/2005_08_05_adapterlookup_c
>
> There is also test script attached there.
>
> By my estimations(i hope i'm not wrong :) C version gives ~20-26% speed
> up for different methods.

I hate to say this, but I'm working of a total redesign of the adapter
management and lookup architecture.  I'll evaluate it before I adopt it,
but if I do, it will make your changes irrelevent.  I with I knew you
were working on this. Sorry.

I'll be interested to look at your changes when I have time, which won't
be for a few weeks.