[Zope3-dev] Twisted Publisher and Zope 2

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Dec 8 13:09:56 EST 2005

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>
>> Chris Withers wrote:

>>> I think this is the way to go and a zope.conf option would be an
>>> ideal way of making the choice...
>>

> I'm not sure whether we're talking about the server or the publisher,

True, I realized after posting this and thinking a bit that things got a
bit muddled in this thread. I'm mostly concerned about the publisher.
The server part I guess is easier to port, though I also suspect less of
a gain on the short term.

> Hm, maybe you are talking about the publisher. :)

Yes, I was. Sorry for the confusion.

> In which case, I expect this all to be controlled via adapters, so
> what you suggest should be possible.  In any case, existing Zope 2
> code should function as it does now without change.

That would be good. I wonder how this interacts with things like error
handling, though.

Regards,

Martijn