[Zope3-dev] Re: Encoding of the PageTemplateFile

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 07:21:33 EDT 2005

On 7/13/05, Dmitry Vasiliev <lists at hlabs.spb.ru> wrote:
> Ok. But default 'ascii' encoding seems like a bug for me and I want to change
> it to 'utf-8' before the release.

Not using the right encoding for the input would indeed be a bug.  Do
you have a reason to think it's handled incorrectly in XML mode?
Expat is allowed to deal with the encoding on it's own; nothing is
done to override the use of the encoding from the XML declaration.

Please file a bug in the collector with a sample input if that's the case.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation