[Zope3-dev] Re: zope3 website report?

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Oct 11 12:05:01 EDT 2005

On Tuesday 11 October 2005 09:36, Jake wrote:
> Why not spend the time and energy making Zope.org a better place than just
> moving it off to yet another under-developed and utilized website?

zope.org has very different requirements than zope3.org. The reason we want
our own system is that we need a collaboration tool that works. zope.org does
not and (1) most of us have no Plone experience and (2) might not be willing
to sign the agreement. Finally, it will do Zope 3 some good to have a public
Web site built with it.

zope.org will be very heavy. zope3.org will be very light; a simple Wiki-like
site that promotes collaboration. Even marketing is out of scope right now.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter