[Zope3-dev] Experimental implementation of Loading Configuration from the zope.app Egg

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Dec 22 15:53:09 EST 2006

Baiju M wrote:
> Hi Jim,
>          I tried to implement your Loading Configuration from the
> zope.app Egg proposal [1] in one svn branch
> (baijum-zope-app-zcmlfiles) [2].  If you are not yet started it's
> implementation can you review this branch?
>
> [1] http://wiki.zope.org/zope3/LoadingConfigurationFromTheZopeAppEgg
> [2] svn://svn.zope.org/repos/main/Zope3/branches/baijum-zope-app-zcmlfiles

Much thanks! And much thanks again for all the fantastic work you've been doing
on eggifying Zope 3!

This looks good.  My original intent was that we'd look
in zope.app.zcmlfiles *only* if we couldn't find the requested file
in zope.app, but I'm fine with what you did.  Your approach, which is
to *always* look in zope.app.zcmlfiles has the advantage of being
less complicated.

I suggest you merge this to the trunk.  My review was not very thorough
but if I missed anything, we can sort it out later.

I guess with this, we can create a Zope 3 buildout that  only uses eggs.
Hm. I wonder how that will work. :)  I guess we want a zope.app egg that
provides the zope.app.zcmlfiles package and lists the packages
included by that as dependencies, assuming that they are separate
eggs....which I guess they aren't yet....

I guess that we can make a collected zope.app egg now and
break it up later as people have time to make individual
eggs.  This egg could include just zope.app.zcmlfiles the packages
from zope.app needed to make zope.app.zcmlfiles' configure.zcml work.

Thoughts?

This is fantastic! (I think I'm going to cry.)