[Zope3-dev] Re: Another pre-release please!

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Fri Jun 16 13:20:22 EDT 2006

Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> Christian Theune wrote:
>
>> After fiddling around quite a while yesterday to figure out how to
>> make a release package
>
> Can you point me to some documentation or HOWTO on this topic?

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/MakingARelease

Especially this section:
  b. Zope 3.1 and higher

     * Enter the `releases/` directory in your Zope 3 root. From there
you can build and test the release. The directory contains all necessary
files.
     * Use the following command to create the package:

                ../../zpkgtools/bin/zpkg -r Zope-3.3.0b1 -C Zope.cfg Zope

Note: you really have to use the zpkgtools from the trunk, as shown a
couple of lines above.

However, as the standard configuration points to the SVN with a URL that
includes the version, I was only able to build with the version label
"3.3.0b1" as I otherwise would have had to create a tag in SVN. Maybe
changing the configuration a bit can circumvent this for you. I didn't
bother to look.

Christian