[Zope3-dev] help, Z3.2.2 build fails on win32 with ZConfig

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Oct 5 12:34:11 EDT 2006

Adam Groszer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I built Z3.2.2 on win32, but after installing the result and creating
> an instance it fails.
>
> I don't have a clou where and what to look for.
>
> C:\zopeinst>bin\runzope
> Error: 'formatter' is not a known key name
> (line 103 in file://///C|/zopeinst/etc/zope.conf)
> For help, use c:\zopeinst\bin\runzope -h
>
> zope.conf is:

I actually reported this issue for Zope 3.2.1 earlier this week. It's
very unfortunate that Zope 3.2.2 went out of the door shortly afterward
without a fix for this. :( I see you found the issue too:

http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope3-dev/719

This really loses us the entire Windows audience, and people *are*
trying to install Zope 3 stuff on Windows. Anyway, the only thing I can
do is whine at arbitrary Windows people to please help us fix this. :)

Regards,

Martijn