[Zope3-dev] Re: broken zope.lifecycleevent 3.4.0 on cheeseshop?

Baiju M mbaiju at zeomega.com
Sun Sep 2 01:23:50 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>  Martijn Faassen wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I see today a zope.lifecycleevent 3.4.0 was released to the
> > cheeseshop (but not to download.zope.org/distribution).
> >
> > Unfortunately it seems to break when I install it into my buildout,
> > with the following error:
> >
> > Running easy_install: /home/faassen/bin/python2.4 "-c" "from
> > setuptools.command.easy_install import main; main()" "-mUNxd"
> > "/home/faassen/buildout-eggs/tmpA1S-YF" "-q"

"/home/faassen/.buildout/download-cache/dist/zope.lifecycleevent-3.4.0.tar.gz"
> >  path=/home/faassen/bin/eggs/setuptools-0.6c6-py2.4.egg
> >
> > error:
> > /tmp/easy_install-NCwbAA/zope.lifecycleevent-3.4.0/CHANGES.txt: No
> > such file or directory An error occured when trying to install
> > zope.lifecycleevent 3.4.0.Look above this message for any errors
> > thatwere output by easy_install.
> >
> > Something in its setup.py appears to be referring to a CHANGES.txt
> > which evidently then cannot be found.
> >
> > What is going on?
>
>  The tarball Baiju uploaded this afternoon is broken. I wanted to
>  upload a fixed one, but it turns out I don't have permissions on
>  PyPI. I already tried pinging Theuni and Baiju about this, but no
>  response so far. I'm CCing them and Jim now, hoping one of them can
>  give me access to PyPI.

Sorry, I forgot to add CHANGES.txt to svn while making source egg.
Now I have uploaded a new egg to PyPI and download.zope.org

BTW, do we need to upload eggs to http://download.zope.org/distribution/
any more ?
These two repositories are working very fine:
http://download.zope.org/ppix/
http://pypi.python.org/simple/

Sorry again for the problems,
Baiju M