[Zope3-dev] Re: What does python 3000 mean for zope?

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Mon Sep 3 07:11:28 EDT 2007

Hermann Himmelbauer skrev:

> I personally don't see this so dramatically, especially because many things
> are still unclear in Python 3 and because of the long timescale.

Ahh ... then you have never been a part of maintaining a large software
project :-)

You will have older subsystems that works well, where the author is no
longer part of the project. Who is going to rewrite those?

Then there is the problem of all the third party libraries you use in
your own project. Who is going to rewrite those? Especially if they aim
to stay at Python 2.x

Rewriting your own code is "trivial", but as soon as you depend on
someone else it will get difficult.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/