[Zope3-Users] SQLObject and SQLOS question

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Jan 3 08:39:42 EST 2006

On Tuesday 03 January 2006 05:45, Roman Susi wrote:
> Now it looks like I need SQLOS (do I need it to my goal???)...

Well, sqlos is one approach. It provides a nice layer that connects SQLObject
and Zope 3.

> And I am
> at loss how to install in. Yes, I have read http://codespeak.net/z3/sqlos/
> but it was not useful, because it doesn have INSTALL instructions.
> The tgz doesnt have neither setup.py nor configure! Maybe I have not
> found proper manual...
>
> Can anybody help me please?

I don't know about sqlos, but packages are usually installed anywhere in the
Python path. For example, if you have the SVN checkout, you should simply put
http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/sqlos/trunk/src/sqlos/ into the Zope3/src
directory and copy all files in
http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/sqlos/trunk/includes/ intp Zope3/package-includes

> One more question: is the above mentioned approach STABLE at all
> compared to totally ZODB or conventional usage of relational DB in Zope?
> Version 0.1 of sqlos is not reassuring...

This version of sqlos is used in production in a fairly large installation, so
I think it is a pretty stable solution in that sense. On the other hand, not
many people use sqlos, so it might not be as supported as you wish it would
be.

Regards,
Stephan
--