[ZPT] RE: DreamWeaver files -> ZPTs: How?

Ken Winter ken at sunward.org
Mon May 23 16:40:10 EDT 2005

Chris -

Thanks for your help.  At the time you sent it, I thought I didn't need it
(because I had learned how to use PUT_FACTORY to get Zope to accept .htm
extensions as ZPTs) - but now I do.

And it works fine, except for the one more thing it turns out I really need:
to have DW recognize files with NO extension as HTML pages.  The reason I
need this is that Python insists on treating "mypage.html" as the "html"
attribute of a "mypage" object (which of course it can't find) rather than
as a reference to an object named "mypage.html".

I have tried every syntax I can think of to designate an empty string in
those configuration files ('', "", and just an empty entry in the list).
But in all cases, when I rename a file (in DW) from "mypage.html" to
"mypage_html" and then try to open it, DW says "Can't find a valid editor
for this file extension."

Any suggestions?

- Thanks, Ken