[BlueBream] Strange effect with @@view calling

Marius Gedminas marius at gedmin.as
Thu Apr 1 16:48:56 EDT 2010

On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 08:12:37PM +0200, volker jaenisch wrote:
> Hi!
> Marius Gedminas schrieb:
> > (Adding Cc: bluebream at zope.org back)
> >
> Sorry. The default reply-to of the ML should be set to avoid this :-)

Some would disagree.  It's embarrassing to have one's private reply sent
to a list by mistake because some admin somewhere decided to rewrite the
Reply-To headers.

> >> Case A) :
> >> -> import pdb; pdb.set_trace()
> >> (Pdb) type(self.context)
> >> <class 'inqbus.booking.engine.app.BookingEngine'>
> >>

> > That's weird -- there's no proxy on the context.
> Ok. In this case the issue is not only weird it is sort of security hole.
>
> How can I proceed further to identify the problem?
> Please guide me what to checks I can perform to shed more light into this.

Use pdb to single-step the traversal steps.  I'd probably set a
breakpoint on the global 'publish' method, then resign myself to a long
and boring dive into many little indirect adapter lookup methods.
Somewhere there's a missing ProxyFactor() call, or an unnecessary
removeSecurityProxy() call.  Or maybe a trusted adapter is violating its
trust.

Maybe somebody else has a better idea?

Marius Gedminas
--
I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped right
there!!