[BlueBream] PasteScript project template and zope.conf

Ilshad Khabibullin astoon.net at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 12:52:05 EDT 2010

-1

I think it is good to use /tempates.
Otherwise - we need use recipe zc.zope3recipe and write zcml in
buildout.cfg.

Why?

Note, generally, we need use different size.zcml and zope.conf in different
installations: development and production. Even we use 3-4 variants
(production, staging site, developer).

I found this practice (collective.recipe.template) is better then writing
site.zcml in *.cfg - files.
For example, see http://github.com/astoon/bbru

2010/4/22 Adam GROSZER <agroszer at gmail.com>

> Hello Baiju,
>
> I guess the simpler the better. IOW KISS.
>
> Thursday, April 22, 2010, 6:33:29 PM, you wrote:
>
> BM> Hi,
> BM>     Currently etc/zope.conf file is generated from a template:
> BM> templates/zope_conf.in
> BM> (using collective.recipe.template recipe)
>
> BM> These are the values used in the template, which is defined in [config]
> part:
>
> BM> [config]
> BM> site_zcml = etc/site.zcml
> BM> blob = var/blob
> BM> filestorage = var/filestorage
> BM> log = var/log
>
> BM> Since all of these are relative paths, I think we can directly give it
> BM> in site.zcml
> BM> and avoid the template.  So, there won't be any "templates" directory
> BM> at the top-level by default and we will generate site.zcml inside
> BM> "etc" directory.
>
> BM> Any comments ?
>
> BM> Regards,
> BM> Baiju M
>
> --
> Best regards,
>  Adam GROSZER                            mailto:agroszer at gmail.com
> --
> Quote of the day:
> The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to
> grow sharper.
> - Eden Phillpotts

Ilshad R. Khabibullin
http://astoon.zwiki.org