[BlueBream] Helping with the 2-part tutorial

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 02:07:08 EDT 2010

Hi  Justin,

    Welcome to BlueBream community !

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Justin A Ryan <jryan at fastergreener.net> wrote:
> Howdy!
> On IRC today someone [astoon] told me that the 2-part tutorial for BlueBream
> is a core z3/ztk tutorial.  I would like to help with some concerns I ran
> into with this tutorial, as I am building a PBX / VoIP SoftSwitch IaaS
> Manager this weekend / coming week.
> For instance, the tutorial pasters out a 'ticketcollector' package with 'tc'
> namespace and default 'main' packagename, then pretty much goes on to work
> with code in src/tc/collector.  From the zipped demo it is clear, but there
> are clearly holes in the tutorial.  As I feel I can see what is missing, of
> course, I'm very happy to help.

Actually the first part of tutorial introduce the "collector" sub-package.

http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/tutorial1.html#declaring-an-interface

In future, the third part of tutorial will introduce another sub-package
named "skin".

The "main" sub-package itself will not have any code. Just some
configurations to include other packages.

We should encourage developers to create small packages
which works together.  Since "tc" is namespace package,
they can even distribute the packages separately, if desired.
For example: tc.main (which include all), tc.collector, tc.skin etc.

Regards,
Baiju M