[BlueBream] which community packages?

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 12:09:01 EDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Christophe Combelles <ccomb at free.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Before 1.0b4, I would like us to support many community packages in BlueBream.

+1 for adding more community packages.

> Some very good libraries such as z3c.form, z3c.pagelet, z3c.table, etc. are
> often used in projects, and we should be able to know that some version of
> z3c.form works well with bluebream.  We should not force people to pull these
> libraries into their base project, so they won't be dependencies, but if they
> want to use them, they should be able to easily know which version to use.
>
> That means we should just:
> - add them in the list of packages which are tested when we launch the bluebream
> test suite.
> - add them in the version list.

Sometimes back I started draft proposal for community packages (unfinished):
http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/ReleasingBlueBreamCommunityPackages

Should we distribute a separate versions file as given in the draft proposal,
or include everything in the main versions file ?

> One motivation is to add visibility to these community packages, and help them
> being integrated in the test infrastructure, so they end up being maintained and
> further developped.
>
> Now the question is: what are the community packages are you commonly using?

I want to see:

ice.control

Regards,
Baiju M