[BlueBream] Third part of tutorial: skinning

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 07:00:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 6:01 PM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:53 PM, Baiju M <baiju.m.mail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Oh. yet another issue with skinning :)
>>
>> The skin is created from scratch. But this is not very practical.
>> Because many basic view registration will be missed.
>>
>> Again more choices:-
>>
>> 1. Use z3c.layer.minimal (not yet part of BB)
>> 2. List those registrations in doc so that user can copy paste it.
>> 3. Include the basic registration in project template
>> 4. Create a new package to scaffold the skin package
>>    which include these registrations.
>>
>> I am going for the second choice for now. I will also mention about
>> z3c.layer.minimal package there.
>>
>> Please let me know your suggestion.   I feel writing this documentation
>> is like telling a good story.  Sometimes I adjust the code to make the
>> story better.  But for some cases we need to change our approach itself
>> or change the package implementation or go for a better package.
>> Also we need to keep a balance between simplicity & practicality.
>
> Anyone interested to work on this part ? :)
> http://bluebream.zope.org/doc/1.0/tutorial3.html#registraions-of-useful-views
> http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/25RegistraionsOfUsefulViewsTutorialPart3

After some thinking I realized that it's not a good idea to cover the entire
registration in tutorial.  So, we can create a separate reference documentation
for these kind of basic view registrations.  Also we can give an overview of
registrations from tutorial. The practical approach would be to use a package
like z3c.layer.minimal, but it's bit outdated.  We should update that package
and provide documentation also.

Regards,
Baiju M