[BlueBream] how powerfull is ZODB?!

Justin Ryan justin.ryan at reliefgarden.org
Sun Jul 4 19:02:01 EDT 2010

> But, think less straight default ZODB, and more modern NoSQL.  ZODB is
> a great component of a modern NoSQL solution.
>
> Many problems haven't been solved in a reusable manner ... yet .
>
>> Or should I better change to a commercial enterprise DB vendor?
>>

> Oracle nearly put SBC and Hershey Foods into Bankruptcy.  Careful, there. ;)

Just to be clear, Oracle until recent versions suffered a failure in
MVCC, or Multi-Version Concurrency Control, which Postgres also until
recently failed.  They share academic roots.

ZODB is easier to use than SQLite, but has top-notch MVCC.

It's not perfect, but I'd suggest the payoff from not turning tail too
quickly would fall mostly in your favor. ;)

Of course, if our community grow a professional using our technology
to build real-world solutions, you not turning tail fall in our favor
a bit as well. :-D