[BlueBream] last question: bluebream vs. django

Justin Ryan justin.ryan at reliefgarden.org
Sat Jun 5 14:38:15 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jun 5, 2010 at 8:11 AM, Tamer Higazi <th982a at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi people!
> sorry to ask you this last question.

We hope it won't be the last. :)

> After working out several books in python I can say, that I like this
> language very much (perhaps I will deal so or so with the core api more
> or less).

Python is a fine tool..

> Django seems to be simple, but the DB interface is very limitized and I
> need ODBC connections, as well I have to define everything myself
> specially according abject creation and re-usability. When I say
> reusability, I am thinking in the level of design patterns like:
>
> Singleton
> Factory
> Prototype
> Builder

BlueBream / ZTK is influenced heavily by Design Patterns.  I often recommend
the GoF book to folks not familiar with them as helpful in understanding the
approach we take.

> There comes my question:
>
> Does bluebream (i will never say zope again, I promise you, please don't
> hit me!) take care about objects which had been created at runtime
> through a user request before?!

No violence in BlueBream, we promise. ;)

> Scenario web app built on bluebream:
>
> 1 a). User open site
> 1 b). bluebream creates object
>
> 2 a) 2nd user open site
> 2 b) bluebream determines that the object was previously created before
> and uses the object allocated in memory

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: as the site grows to lots of objects, an in-memory cache of
instantiated objects will have the most used.  In zope.conf you can set the
cache-size in both number of objects, and size in MB.

Best of luck!

Justin