[BlueBream] KGS for BlueBream community packages

Stephan Richter stephan.richter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 08:27:57 EST 2010

On Tuesday 02 March 2010, Baiju M wrote:
>           In the BBKit [1], there is a "community.cfg" to pin-down versions
> of community packages.  Community package is any package which
> works with BlueBream.  There are many community packages scattered
> in various namespaces (z3c, zc, plone etc.).  It is very important that
> we test the community packages along with the core packages.

I was planning to talk to you about z3c and zc packages after the 1.0.0
release. :-) I strongly believe that the strength of BB is not the quick and
super-easy framework, but a mature, stable and feature-rich application
server.

As such, I totally agree that the additional zc and z3c packages are vital as
they support many high-level features that are needed for involved commercial
projects. Using some criteria, we should start moving them into BB.

But for now let's stay focused on 1.0, so that we can show the world we are
still alive!

Regards,
Stephan
--