[BlueBream] detaching BlueBream from most of zope.app.*

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Tue May 4 14:12:36 EDT 2010

Christophe Combelles wrote:
> Ilshad Khabibullin a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> 2010/5/4 Martijn Faassen <faassen at startifact.com
>> <mailto:faassen at startifact.com>>
>>
>>     Hi there,
>>
>>     Does BlueBream intend to maintain the ZMI?
>>

>> Not.
>
> The only thing I would like to keep is the apidoc. I think its well decoupled
> from the zmi, maybe a few registrations remain?

Having zope.app.apidoc available would be cool.

Looking at its dependencies, the following dependencies would need to be
examined (if you want to cut down on zope.app.*):

zope.app.basicskin
zope.app.component
zope.app.container
zope.app.onlinehelp
zope.app.preference
zope.app.publisher
zope.app.renderer
zope.app.testing
zope.app.tree

There are also extra testing dependencies that are coming from zope.app,
such as the dreaded zope.app.zcmlfiles. :)

I suspect by shifting imports around in zope.app.apidoc you can already
lose the dependencies on many, but of course zope.app.zcmlfiles might
keep pulling them in for the tests.

Regards,

Martijn