[BlueBream] Copied objects losing support for __parent__ and getParents

Jonah Crawford jonah at microgridsystems.com
Sun Oct 17 13:01:07 EDT 2010

After copying some container objects using zope.copy.clone the objects that have been copied as well as those which have been copied into are no longer supporting calls involving __parent__ and getParents . I manually set each copied objects new parent like so:

        source_obj_name = str(source_obj.__name__)[:]
        newobj = zope.copy.clone(source_obj)
        newobj.__name__ = source_obj_name
        newobj.__parent__ = target_obj

but this doesn't seem to solve the issue. Any thoughts as to what I'm not doing ? The source of the trace below:

Module zope.location.traversing:235 in getParents