[BlueBream] Trouble Installing ZAM

Baiju M baiju.m.mail at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 05:23:09 EDT 2010

On Mon, Sep 20, 2010 at 12:52 AM, Christopher Lozinski
<lozinski at freerecruiting.com> wrote:
>  I downloaded and installed BlueBream, all runs great.  Thank you.
>
> I did get ice.control working.   The docs and video were most helpful.
>
> Now I am stuck on installing ZAM
>
> I went into buildout.cfg and edited up the list of eggs needed.
>
> [bluebream]
> recipe = zc.recipe.egg
> eggs = bluebream [test]
>       PasteScript
>       zam.demo
>
> The zope 3 wiki lists zam.demo as the way to get all the parts.
>
> Error: Couldn't find a distribution for 'zam.demo'.
>
> I tried zam.demo, I tried zam.skin.
>
>  Getting distribution for 'zam.skin'.
> Error: Picked: zam.skin = 0.6.0
>
> Then I tried zam.api,
>
> Error: Picked: zam.api = 0.6.1
>
> So I pinned to the previous version.
>
> zam.api =0.6.0
>
> And it tells me.
>
> Error: Picked: zc.configuration = 1.1

Please look at the buildout.cfg, you can see this useful comments there:

# Don't let Buildout choose itself the versions, and make it repeatable.
# You should pin down versions in the [versions] section.
allow-picked-versions = false

# To discover dependencies, comment the line above, uncomment the line below,
# relaunch the buildout, then copy/paste the output to the [versions] section.
#extensions = buildout.dumppickedversions

> This is just a partial list of the things I have tried.  Come on this
> should
> not be so difficult.   There is a huge amount of code I am downloading
> and installing.  I am reluctant to be debugging the bootstrap code, I
> want to be working on my apps.

I think we need a chapter about using Buidout.
I just noted it down here:
http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/32UsingBuildout

Regards,
Baiju M