[BlueBream] handling URLs for multiple sites in single bluebream instance

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Fri Jun 17 10:47:51 EDT 2011

Le Fri, 17 Jun 2011 19:53:36 +0530,
Joshua Immanuel <josh at hipro.co.in> a écrit :

> On Fri, 2011-06-17 at 14:31 +0200, Thierry Florac wrote:
> > I guess you just want to do virtual hosting inside a single
> > BlueBream application server
>
> Ok. That is one way to say. What if I want to add new sites
> dynamically from the web frontend?
>
> For the virtual hosting, I don't have to care about the URL prefix, I
> just treat my URLs as say, "/container1/object1/@@add.html" instead of
> "/site1/container1/object1/@@add.html".
>
> But say, I have a view page for "http://localhost:xxxx/" (i.e. for
> zope.site.interfaces.IRootFolder) which has links to create new sites.
> And say, I create necessary application specific objects under them
> when the new site is added to the root.
>
> How to dynamically handle the URLs for this kind of situation?

Sorry but I'm not really sure to understand what you want or need...

The physical path of your folder inside your ZODB is
'/site1/container1/...' and to access such a site you only have two
ways to do it :
 - address it directly in the URL
 - or use virtual hosting to hide '/site1' from the URL

Dynamic URLs are generated correctlt by BlueBream in both cases.

Regards,
Thierry
--
  Chef de projets internet/intranet