[BlueBream] [Zope-dev] Reg. updating catalog indexes in bluebream [SOLVED]

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Mon Jun 27 02:38:17 EDT 2011

Hello all,

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 15:24 +0530, Joshua Immanuel wrote:
> In setitem function of zope.container.contained
> 'notify(ObjectAddedEvent)' happens, this causes the
> 'addIntIdSubscriber' adapter of zope.intid to be called. This in turn
> registers the 'Client' object and notifies for 'IntIdAddedEvent'.
>
> But I don't see the 'indexDocSubscriber' of zope.catalog.catalog which
> is the adapter for 'IIntIdAddedEvent' being called. Why is this so?

I found the source of the problem, zope.catalog package was not a part
of bluebream's default package set. I've manually added that package in
my buildout.cfg but I forgot to include that package in zcml. Including
that package in ZCML solved my problem.

As Thierry said, I didn't write a separate subscriber to update the
catalog indexes.

As Christian said, I overridded the 'create' method of zope.formlib's
AddForm instead of 'createAndAdd method. Moreover in my container's
interface file I added two methods namely 'add' and 'nextURL', and
implemented them. So, I removed the 'allow attributes' tag in zcml for
my container class altogether.

Now everything works out of the box.

Thanks guys for your invaluable inputs.

--