[BlueBream] BlueBream TTW

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Sat Feb 4 05:12:35 UTC 2012

Hello Christopher,

On Fri, 2012-02-03 at 12:22 -0500, Christopher Lozinski wrote:
> And compliments and thanks to all the people who wrote Zope 2,
> BlueBream,  the BlueBream website, documentation and the excellent
> page on defense of Pyramid Architecture.  Lots of great engineering
> has been done here.  Now we just need to simplify it for newbies.

I agree with you. The learning curve in bluebream is huge. I came to
bluebream with zero Zope 2 knowledge. It was very difficult even to
understand how traversing works in bluebream. (If I am right nowhere in
the docs you can find information about it)

Moreover to make things worse, when I wanted to see who uses bluebream I
ended up with the following link http://wiki.zope.org/bluebream/People
Inactive mailing list like 'zope3-users' and 'bluebream' scared me even
more. It gave me an impression that I was the only person using
bluebream. But on the positive side I found that launchpad was written
using Zope3 KGS, and people in this list and the zope-dev (though
zope-dev was supposed to be for zope2 development) list were very
supportive and were answering even my silly questions.

Once you get the hang of it then everything becomes easy and fun. But
will this be a piece of cake for a newbie? Definitely not.

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel