[BlueBream] BlueBream TTW

Joshua Immanuel josh at hipro.co.in
Tue Feb 28 06:47:12 UTC 2012

Hello Stephan,

On Mon, 2012-02-27 at 14:02 -0500, Stephan Richter wrote:
> So I think the target audience for TTW developers are tech-savvy users
> and scripters. I think both audiences were pretty well-served in the
> early Zope 2 days.

I see almost everyone in this mailing list are from Zope 2 background.
There are some unanswered questions on my mind. I would be very grateful
if someone enlightens me on this.

Why people haven't moved from Zope 2. Even worse, they continue their
development towards Zope 4.

The glory of Bluebream is (seemingly) fading out rapidly in spite of its
well designed architecture. Why? (Or is it just my perception)

Is there any major downfalls in bluebream or in other words, are there
any added merits in Zope 2 that makes people to stick to it (other than
the fact that Plone is based on it).

If so many bluebream (ZTK) features are backported (or used) in Zope 2.
Then we might as well merge them completely and have the benefits of
both and eradicate the shortcomings in them. Is that feasible?

Please excuse my complete ignorance on Zope 2.

Regards
Joshua
--
Joshua Immanuel