[BlueBream] BlueBream TTW

Thierry Florac thierry.florac at onf.fr
Mon Mar 19 09:45:14 UTC 2012

Le Sun, 18 Mar 2012 09:03:23 -0500,
  Christopher Lozinski <lozinski at freerecruiting.com> a écrit:

> BlueBream really needs to be a number of starter Templates.  The
> existing release is for hard core ZTK developers.  That is a niche
> market.  We need a BlueBream TTW development template.  We need a
> BlueBream wiki template.  We need a BlueBream Content Management
> template.  We need a Bluebream Yahoo Groups template.  We need a
> BlueBream Social Networking template.  We need a BlueBream matchmaking
> template.  We need a BlueBream Google Maps Template.  You can probably
> think of a few more starter templates for BlueBream.  Since we have
> literally none of those templates, even the developer one is dated. we
> have a small market share.  Indeed the only recent one on the mailing
> list is the ZTFY.org template, and there the docs and evaluations are
> lacking.

Just a little precision to say that ZTFY.webapp (published via my
ztfy.org website) is not an application or package template !
As is Bluebream (and as said Stephan), it's only a configuration
template to build an application server, which is in my own opinion
nothing more than a configuration container including a set of packages.

The differences between ztfy.webapp and Bluebream are that:
 - it's based on last releases of ZTK and ZopeApp packages
 - it references other ZTFY packages (because it was mainly built to
   feet my own needs and configuration!)
 - it doesn't include any "internal package" (like Bluebream's "welcome"
   application) other than what is strictly needed to run the
   application server.

But I agree that there isn't many documentation actually, even if it's
in the "TODO pipeline" and if this package is probably not those for
which most documentation is needed beyond what is already available...

Regards,
Thierry
--
  Chef de projets internet/intranet