[BlueBream] updating packages in ZTFY

Thierry Florac tflorac at ulthar.net
Tue Jan 14 09:03:57 CET 2014

Hi Tamer,

Le 2014-01-14 08:15, Tamer Higazi a écrit :
> Is there no way to make a routine to download always the LATEST
> packages
> from the repository after project initialization and executing the
> "buildout" command ?!

What do you mean exactly by "latest repository packages"?
When you create a new ZTFY environment via ztfy.webapp template, you are
proposed to use the latest ZTFY configuration file, referencing a set of
packages which have been tested to work together; this environment
configuration file (buildout.cfg) is explicitly defined to only use
given packages releases and not the latest ones available on Pypi.
I think that automatically using latest packages releases for a
production environment is highly dangerous, as you can use packages
which have noot been tested together.

Regards,
Thierry
--