[BlueBream] bluebream Digest, Vol 37, Issue 1

Helmut Merz helmutm at cy55.de
Sun Apr 17 08:53:21 CEST 2016

Hi Tamer,

that's one of the problems with software that's not actively maintained
anymore: the world changes but software and documentation are not
updated accordingly. There is no "distribute" anymore, only "setuptools"...

You can tell bootstrap.py to use setuptools:

python bootstrap.py --setuptools

It may then happen that you have to update setuptools, if bootstrap.py
complains about a wrong (old) setuptools version you may also try:

bin/pip install setuptools --upgrade

At least this did help me with recent BlueBream installs...

Have fun,
Helmut