[Committers] Voting is open

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Tue Jun 6 16:39:10 EDT 2006

On Jun 6, 2006, at 4:31 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> I've created the voting app.
>>
>> To find out what the valid votes are on an issue, use:
>>
>>   ssh svn.zope.org vote issueid
>>
>> The only valid issue id atm is cmd1 (committer member director 1.
>>
>> To find out the valid voting options for this issue, type:
>>
>>   ssh svn.zope.org vote cmd1
>>
>> To vote, use:
>>
>>   ssh svn.zope.org vote cmd1 <choices>
>>
>> For example, to vote for all current candidates:
>>
>>   ssh svn.zope.org vote cmd1 faassen efge srichter
>
> Cool. Where do these candidates come from?

They were nominated.

> I didn't see an announcement.
> Perhaps that's because I'm only a committer for less than week?

That's why. Nominations were made on and from this list. Only committer
members can be nominated.

> Can more candidates be nominated at this point?

Absolutely.  Please feel free to nominate someone.
People can nominate themselves too.

> When does voting close?

I dunno. We need to decide that. :)

We really need a lot more members. Nag your friends
who've been invited to join!

I suggest that we should have a final set of nominees
within the next week or so and we should finalize voting
by the 20th. Hopefully, this would allow the Board to meet
before EuroPython.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org