[Committers] Why this list?

Philipp von Weitershausen philikon at philikon.de
Wed Jun 21 13:17:50 EDT 2006

Why do we have this list? I don't see any practical use for it, to be
honest. At least not right now. All it does is

* keep traffic from the much better known foundation list (which isn't
that much, really)

* keep the general public in the unknown regarding some ZF issues (the
board election, for example). I see no reason why we should cover
ourself with secrecy.

* keep even committers from being informed properly if they're not
subscribed. Jim has to subscribe people explicitly because you can't
just sign up; in a few cases he forgot to sign people up, which is
excusable, but a problem for people when they miss thing like election.

I don't think anyone on the general foundation list would be bothered
with the additional traffic of this list. In fact, I think they would
just as well like to have known that we're voting and that we've elected
Martijn. Even if not all messages concern them, there's no reason for
red tape. As said, there are no secrets in any of this.

Philipp