[Committers] Why this list?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Thu Jun 22 05:43:56 EDT 2006

Jim Fulton wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
[snip]
>> Even if not all messages concern them, there's no reason for
>> red tape. As said, there are no secrets in any of this.
>
> I'm willing to disband this list if others agree. Certainly
> most discussions should and have taken place on the Foundation list.

It depends a little on whether we want committer-specific discussions.
Like, if I want to ask "committers, what do you think of this?". I don't
yet know whether that will occur very often to warrant a list. We could
of course also have such discussions on a dev list, but we have more dev
list than one so it's easier to have it here. We could also have the
communication on the foundation list of course, as Philipp suggests - if
that is an open list that would be all right, though it is theoretically
distracting for people not interested in committer specific discussions.

Since I don't know how things shape up concerning communications I don't
  really have much of an opinion. I'm sure we'll manage on the
foundation list if this list were to go away, but the existence of this
list doesn't bother me either and could be convenient.

Regards,

Martijn