[Committers] Nominations now open for board elections

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jul 25 19:04:38 EDT 2007

On 26 Jul 2007, at 00:30 , Tres Seaver wrote:
> We (the Committer Members of the Zope Foundation) will be electing at
> least two board members in the upcoming election this September.
> Please
> nominate new members on this list (you can nomination yourself).

I'd like to nominate Christian Theune, who is actively involved in
Zope 3 and ZODB development. He's also on the DZUG[#] board and has
helped promote Zope in Germany and the rest of the world. Having seen
the work he's done in Germany, I'm confident that Christian will be
more than able to help the Foundation's tackle its biggest upcoming
tasks: simplification of the bylaws, transferral of the code
owernship and reworking Zope's self-presentation on zope.org.

.. [#] German-speaking Zope User Group: http://zope.de

> Elections will close somwhere in the last week of August,

I suppose should be "Nominations", not "Elections".