[ZF] Re: First Board Formed!

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Thu Jun 22 08:10:03 EDT 2006

On Jun 21, 2006, at 3:26 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:

> The first Zope Foundation board of directors has been formed.
>
> The directors are:
>
>   Committer-Member Director Martijn Faassen
>   Associate-Member Director Aroldo Souza-Leite
>   Zope Strategic Developer Board Member Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com>
>   Zope Corperation Director Rob Page <rob at zope.com>
>
> I'm working on scheduling the first board meeting.

The first meeting has been scheduled for Monday at 13:00 UTC.

The initial agenda includes:

- Organizational matters

- Planning for EuroPython

- Consideration of proposals

This is a pretty full agenda and I'm not sure we'll get to considering
many proposals, however, I'd like to solicit proposals for board
consideration.  I suggest that, initially, we keep it simple and submit
proposals to this list.  I'll start submitting some shortly.

Also, I'd love to hear proposals for using EuroPython to help promote
and organize Foundation activities.  At least 2 and possibly 3 of
the 4 directors will be there and we've scheduled a panel discussion:

http://indico.cern.ch/contributionDisplay.py?
contribId=96&sessionId=9&confId=44

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org