[ZF] Re: Use launchpad ! (was Re: [Zope3-dev] the maintenance of change logs)

Marius Gedminas marius at pov.lt
Mon Oct 2 08:59:25 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 29, 2006 at 09:52:34AM -0400, Jim Fulton wrote:
> Thanks for the input.  I wonder if anyone wants to volunteer to
> spearhead a track prototype for zope.org?  One of the things I like
> about Launchpad is that I don't have to do any work.  If someone is
> willing to step forward and commit to a Trac implementation, I'm happy
> to try it out.  I'd like to see a short-term commitment to work out how
> we'd use it.  If we liked it, I wouldn't want to switch to it without
> a long-term commitment to maintain it.

I've found Trac's anti-spam measures somewhat lacking.

Having to learn sqlite's command line interface to remove anonymous spam
comments from the bug tracker wasn't fun.  Having to clean up spammed
wiki page versions one at a time (10 pages * 20 spam updates * 2 form
submits per version) wasn't fun either.

Marius Gedminas
--
At most companies, programmers aren't trusted with words that a user might
actually see (and for good reason, much of the time).