[ZF] Launchpad demo of Zope 3 collector for evaluation

James Henstridge james at jamesh.id.au
Tue Jan 23 18:02:55 EST 2007

[I tried sending this earlier, but it got caught in moderation.  I've
subscribed to the list now and am resending it]

Hi,

I am the Launchpad guy working on the Zope 3 collector bug import.

Here are a few answers to the questions about the demo import:

1. the demo.launchpad.net server is set up to block all its outgoing
email, unless I add an email to its whitelist.  The server is running
with a copy of the production launchpad data, and we don't want to
spam other Launchpad users when you experiment on demo.

If you would like to receive email from the demo machine, please tell
me which email addresses you'd like me to whitelist.

2. there was some preexisting data in Launchpad associated with the
"zope" product, since it was being used to manage translations.  In
short, the plan is to move the existing "zope" product to "zope3", and
have a "zope" project as an umbrella for the different zope related
products.

Control of these products and project will be allocated how ever the
zope developers and community want.  So it won't be a problem to add
new product series as needed.

3. The import process used the email addresses registered on zope.org
to create the person profiles.  If there was already a Launchpad
account with that email, then that account would be used, otherwise a
new profile gets created.

There are two ways to fix things in this situation:
 (a) before the migration, ask developers to add the email they used
on zope.org to their Launchpad account (you can register multiple
email addresses to your account).

 (b) after migration, merge the extra account into your existing
Launchpad account.

Both of these options require email access, so I'd need to update
whitelist for people to test this on demo.launchpad.net.

4. The list of bugs for a user can be seen at the following URLs:
    https://bugs.demo.launchpad.net/~username/+assignedbugs
    https://bugs.demo.launchpad.net/~username/+reportedbugs

5. I converted the "Deferred" collector issue state to "Needs Info",
but it sounds like that is probably not correct.  Which bug status do
you think would better match the way you use "Deferred"?

6. In Launchpad, an attachment has a filename and a title.  I used the
attachment description from the collector as the title, and the
attachment name as the filename.  I could change this to just use the
attachment name for both of these if that is preferred.

I'll try to answer any further questions people have.

James.