[ZF] nomination period for board members ends today!

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Tue Feb 24 09:55:22 EST 2009

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
>> Hi there,
>
>> We need more nominations for board membership as the nomination period
>> ends tomorrow. So far I've seen existing board members nominate 7
>> people, which means we don't need an election at all as the board size
>> is 7. I don't think this is right. We don't even know whether all
>> these nominees actually want to stand. :)
>
>> So foundation members, foundation board members, please nominate more people!
>
> Here is a summary of nominations to date:
>

>  - Jens Vagelpohl (nominated by Martijn Faassen)
>
>  - Stephan Richter (nominated by Martijn Faassen)
>
>  - Rob Page (nominated by Jens Vagelpohl)
>
>  - Andreas Jung (nominated by Jens Vagelpohl)
>
>  - Jan Smith (nominated by Rob Page)
>
>  - Martijn Faassen (nominated by Rob Page)
>
>  - Tres Seaver (nominated by Rob Page)
>
>  - Erik Dahl (nominated by Rob Page)
>
>  - Chris Calloway (nominated by Rob Page)
>
>  - Jim Fulton (nominated by Stephan Richter)
>
>  - Marius Gedminus (nominated by Stephan Richter)
>
>  - Rocky Burt (nominated by Stephan Richter)
>
>  - Christian Theune (nominated by Christian Zagrodnick)
>
> Section 5.2 of the bylaws[1] does no restrict board seats to members of
> the foundation, which makes Erik Dahl and Chris Calloway eligible.  We
> need confirmation that all these folks would serve if elected.

Here is an update on the status:

Confirmed Nominees
- ------------------

- - Chris Calloway (nominated by Rob Page)

- - Martijn Faassen (nominated by Rob Page)

- - Stephan Richter (nominated by Martijn Faassen)

- - Tres Seaver (nominated by Rob Page)

- - Jens Vagelpohl (nominated by Martijn Faassen)

Unconfirmed Nominees
- --------------------

- - Rob Page (nominated by Jens Vagelpohl)

- - Andreas Jung (nominated by Jens Vagelpohl)

- - Jan Smith (nominated by Rob Page)

- - Erik Dahl (nominated by Rob Page)

- - Jim Fulton (nominated by Stephan Richter)

- - Marius Gedminus (nominated by Stephan Richter)

- - Rocky Burt (nominated by Stephan Richter)

- - Christian Theune (nominated by Christian Zagrodnick)

I have reason to believe that Jim will decline to serve.  Jens says he
has spoken with Andreas.  If you are receiving this, and have been
nominated but have not confirmed or declined, please reply ASAP
indicating your willingness to serve.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 540-429-0999          tseaver at palladion.com