[ZF] Roadmap needed

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Mon Mar 2 10:47:24 EST 2009

Hi there,

On Sun, Mar 1, 2009 at 3:54 AM, Roger Ineichen <roger at projekt01.ch> wrote:
[snip]
> I think we should write our ideeas down and at least publish
> a roadmap for our zope users. They should be able to see what
> we do and why we do or change things. It's almost impossible
> to follow our discussions based on reading the mailinglist
> because there is to much going on.

Have you seen this?

http://svn.zope.org/zope3docs/source/migration/34to35.rst

That's not a road map but a trail of what we've *done*, but should
help reduce some confusion. We've used this kind of method for 2 years
now for Grok and we've had few complains while we reorganized and
rewrote large parts of Grok over that period.

I think a roadmap is hard to write as it depends on volunteer efforts
and that is hard to predict. What I do think we should have is a group
of people that can keep a form of general direction and priorities in
their head and distill this from the community, and encouraging us to
write this down. I think zope3docs is a good start for keeping a
record.

I'll have a lot more to say about this very soon on zope-dev.

Regards,

Martijn