[ZF] About the recent election.

Jan Smith jan at curpheymedia.com
Thu Mar 19 09:46:08 EDT 2009

I was contacted by a board member of the Zope Foundation and told I had been
nominated to stand for election to the Zope Foundation Board. I replied the
same day that I accepted the nomination.

At some stage I was removed from this mailing list and missed all
communications about the election.  I was reinstated to this list a few
hours ago.

I didn't write a candidate statement was because I was removed from this
list.

I would have written something a candidate statement something like this.  I
co-founded the OzZope Australian mailing list in 2001.  There were some very
busy years organising sprints and events.  However in recent times my
efforts for the Zope community have been mainly helping Zope companies find
developers and helping developers find Zope jobs.  Although not a developer
I built a database in the mid 90's for the radio program I produced.  This
was then copied by other program teams throughout the building. Since then I
have participated in or observed numerous open source software projects. I
would like to see open source software extend its profile beyond the
developer community.

Most possibly the election result would have not been altered had I had
access to this list and had the same chance as the other candidates.  Who
knows, there's always next year.  Let's not waste precious time and energy
pondering why I and others were removed from this list. Let us move forward
and let the elected representatives show us what they can do to strengthen
the Zope Community.

(Ms) Jan V Smith
Vice President
Computerbank Victoria