[ZF] Nomination: Jens Vagelpohl

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Mon Feb 6 12:11:53 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I would like to continue serving on the Zope Foundation board as well.
Some information about me:

My involvement with Zope started in the Summer of '99 on version
1.10.3 before moving to Zope 2. It all turned serious when I went to
work for Zope Corporation in January 2000, where I remained until the
summer of 2004. Then I went back to my native Germany to start my own
small Zope consulting business.

I have been on the Zope Foundation board since late 2007, and filled
the secretary position since 2009. I've also been the systems and
network administrator for the foundation's technical infrastructure.
I would like to continue in both these positions, and even though the
systems administration part is not tied to a board seat it makes it
easier when the admin is involved in the technological decisions by
being part of the board.

As far as software development is concerned, I've been CMF release
manager for quite a while now, my active coding work on the CMF
actually started during PTK times back in 2001 or so. Other than
that many people may know me as the "LDAP guy", I've published
software packages like the Zope 2 LDAPUserFolder.

With that said, I encourage everyone to exercise their right to
vote once the voting period starts. High voter turnout helps create a
strong Zope Foundation board.

Jens Vagelpohl