[ZF] Announcement: 2012 Zope Foundation Board Elections and General Meeting

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Sat Feb 18 11:33:23 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

Earlier this month, Tres Seaver sent out the 2012 board election timetable:

http://foundation.zope.org/news/2012_election_and_general_meeting

As you may have noticed, we have only received four nominations during
the nomination period. One additional nomination for Jeff Rush, our
current treasurer, was omitted by accident. He had indicated his
willingness to continue serving, but never sent his official notice to
the list. With him, we are up to five nominations.

The board has reached out to several community members and found one
more candidate willing to stand, Rob Page from Zope Corporation. He
brings extensive experience from several years of Zope Foundation
board work from the foundation inception until early 2010.

With six nominees we are one short of our usual count, but enough for
productive board work. Since the number of nominees matches the number
of potential board seats the outgoing board has decided to forgo the
voting process and consider all nominees as elected by acclamation.

This email serves as notice to all nominees who accepted their
nomination that the outgoing board thanks them for their willingness
to serve on the new board. They are, in no particular order:

Jeff Rush
Tres Seaver
Jens Vagelpohl
Rob Page
Jan Smith
Aroldo Souza-Leite

The new board will be seated at the general meeting on Friday, March 16,
2012 at 15:00 UTC. The meeting will take place on irc.freenode.net, channel
#zope-foundation. Please mark your calendars. The board will publish an
official meeting agenda shortly.

jens

--
Jens Vagelpohl
Secretary, Zope Foundation Board of Directors